Surface Accelerator & Retarder
Low Shrinkage Accelerator
SmartSet is a low shrinkage accelerator for concrete or mortar, which acts as a catalyst and produce high early strength concrete.
SmartSet reduces the water cement ratio, increases durability and improves workability.
FIELDS OF APPLICATION
- High strength concrete patches
- Hard wearing toppings
- Dry pack mortar
- Fast setting grout
- Provides high early and ultimate strength
- Earlier removing of formwork
- Reduces cracking by minimizing shrinkage
Concrete Surface Retarder
SmartCSR is a chemical formulation which retards, but does not “kill” the set of the mortar at the surface of the concrete. It contains organic agents which react with the calcium, magnesium and aluminate ions of the cement to slow the curing cycle and thus allow the surface mortar to remain workable for a longer period of time. It is used to create expose aggregate surface architecturally, and to roughen the concrete surface at horizontal joints and improve bonding of the concrete.
SmartCSR is available in 2 grades :
- SmartCSR S : Surface grade, for application on fresh and horizontal concrete surfaces
- SmartCSR F : Formwork grade, for direct application on forms
FIELD OF APPLICATION
Concrete Surface Retarders are used to create exposed aggregate surfaces on pre-cast panels or slabs for architectural beauty, to roughen concrete walls for improved bonding of waterproofing or plastering and to expose walkways, curbs and roadway surfaces for both architectural and slip resistant purposes.
- Safe to use
- Easy to apply
- Works quickly and effectively
- Provides up to 7 mm depth retardation
- Reduces cost for preparing the surface for water-proofing, stucco or plaster applications
- Eliminates the need for sandblasting